- Made with 💚💙💜💛❤️ by @dbernheisel
- If you're interested in the source code, check it out
Have any ideas on what would be helpful here?
Drop me a line by creating an issue on GitHub.
What does this site use?
How does Phoenix LiveView make this awesome?
Before we get to Phoenix LiveView, let's start at the beginning:
- Elixir is an awesome language to work with to write web applications (and more like embedded devices!).
- Phoenix is a wonderful web framework which is quickly productive for handling web requests.
- Phoenix LiveView is a welcome addition that enables normally-backend-developers like me produce reactive Web UIs like the Regex Tester without having to split the codebase into "backend" and "frontend" so much. This isn't a knock on frontend frameworks; this is just another highly-efficient tool in the developer's toolbelt to rapidly produce good web applications.
How do you deploy the app?
I'm using a free Heroku dyno with a free Heroku-provided Redis instance. Heroku is connected to the GitHub repo and automatically deploys any changes to the main branch. Redis is used to store regex permalinks.
While I have you here...
Remember to stay positive!